Prime Bookshelf Piano Gloss Black
- Bookshelf Loudspeaker
- Black ash and piano gloss black finish options.
- 5-way binding posts.
- 1.7” wide-flared rear-firing port.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height).
- Cabinet Dimensions: 13.2″ (H) X 8″ (W) X 9.4″ (D).
- Overall Dimensions: 13.3″ (H) X 8″ (W) X 10.3″ (D) (includes grille, binding posts and bumper feet).
- Shipped Dimensions 2 Pack: 17.6″ (H) X 22.4″ (W) X 14.4” (D).
- Weight Unboxed: 15.5 pounds.
- Shipped Weight 2 Pack: 34.7 pounds
Prime Bookshelves: World-Class Performance, Compact Form.
Designed for two-channel purists and home theater fans alike, there simply isn’t a finer bookshelf monitor available in this segment. Equally adept in home theater or 2-channel settings, the Prime Bookshelf can form the foundation to an outstanding surround sound system. Their handsome styling and high-end finishes will make you proud to have them in your home—even before you’ve hit the power button. Matched with both the Prime and Ultra Center, Prime Satellites, and SVS subwoofers, your system’s clarity and dynamics will be stunning once called to perform.
In a 2-channel setting, Prime Bookshelf delivers a full and rich stand-alone audio experience with a 6.25” woofer for deep and articulate bass and a 1” aluminum dome tweeter for air presentation and unrivaled highs —true to the legacy of high-end, 2-way monitors. Stereo purists will rejoice at the amazing imaging, soundstage and fidelity delivered by the Prime Bookshelf. Whether you’re kicking back Saturday evening with a single malt and Dylan, or enjoying freshly ground coffee Sunday morning with Brubeck – the Prime Bookshelf has it covered.
Trickle Down Theory In Action – Ultra Sound At A Prime Price
Borrowing heavily from the Ultra line, the Prime Bookshelf is packed with high-end technology and premium quality drivers, setting a new high-water mark for sound quality and performance value at this price point.
The crossover is the key to any great bookshelf, and our exclusive SoundMatch network is packed with quality components and exhaustive refinement for outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior. The transition between tweeter and woofer is so smooth and seamless you’ll swear it sounds like a single full-range drive.
The front baffle of the cabinet is chamfered and the drivers are flush-mounted to reduce edge diffraction for a smooth high-end and outstanding imaging. Inside the FEA and CAD optimized cabinet is braced to eliminate resonances for an honest, neutral and uncolored midrange.
Driver and Crossover Details
- The 1” aluminum dome tweeter utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser which delivers a very open ‘airy’ presentation and extremely unveiled highs.
- The 6.25” woofer delivers rich and articulate bass and outstanding extension, courtesy of a polypropylene cone, a refined motor with an aluminum shorting ring for reduced distortion, a vented voice coil former, and unique all-new cast ABS-fiberglass-carbon composite basket for precise component alignment.
- Our exclusive SoundMatch crossover features premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. Extensive development yields excellent total radiated sound power, outstanding phase coherency and razor sharp time domain behavior.
Driver Array and Technical Highlights:
- 1″ aluminum dome tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser delivers airy and unveiled presentation.
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response.
- 6.5″ woofer:
- Long stroke motor and suspension for high output.
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response.
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer.
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts.
SoundMatch Crossover Network:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior.
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes).
Cabinet Construction Technical Highlights:
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction.
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response.
- FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances.
Frequency Response and Electro-Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 48 Hz-25 kHz (+/-3 dB).
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz).
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method WooCommerce::nonce_field() in /home/mkcinter/public_html/wp-content/themes/flatsome/woocommerce/single-product-reviews.php:112 Stack trace: #0 /home/mkcinter/public_html/wp-includes/comment-template.php(1472): require() #1 /home/mkcinter/public_html/wp-content/themes/flatsome/woocommerce/single-product/tabs/tabs.php(143): comments_template('reviews', Array) #2 /home/mkcinter/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/wc-core-functions.php(210): include('/home/mkcinter/...') #3 /home/mkcinter/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/wc-deprecated-functions.php(338): wc_get_template('single-product/...', Array, '', '') #4 /home/mkcinter/public_html/wp-content/themes/flatsome/woocommerce/content-single-product.php(94): woocommerce_get_template('single-product/...') #5 /home/mkcinter/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(690): require('/home/mkcinter/...') #6 /home/mkcinter/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/wc-core-functions.php(179): l in /home/mkcinter/public_html/wp-content/themes/flatsome/woocommerce/single-product-reviews.php on line 112